What will you Find Here Module 1 – Understanding Remote Working
Thinking of making the shift to remote work? This module will fill you in all the basics of remote working so that you can decide whether it’s for you or not.
It’ll take about an hour to complete this module, but with all the articles, illustrations, and videos ahead, you’re sure to have a fun learning experience!
By the end of this module, you will be able to establish the right expectations about remote working by:
- Distinguishing remote working from traditional office work and freelancing;
- Enumerating the benefits of remote working;
- Recognizing the challenges and opportunities of working remotely;
- Identifying what it takes to thrive as a remote worker;
- Identifying areas or skills that need to be improved or worked on;
- Recognizing Remote Staff as a viable option to work remotely
In this module, we will explore the following topics to help you understand the nature of remote working:
- What is Remote Working?
- Why do People Work Remotely?
- What Makes Remote Work Different from Traditional Office Work?
- Types of Remote Work
- Real Talk: Opportunities and Challenges in Remote Working
- Roles Appropriate for Remote Work
- General Overview of the Minimum Skills Set Necessary for Remote Work
- Life of a Successful Remote Worker